Thousands of children across Hampshire, the Isle of Wight and Sussex benefited from the Making Waves school outreach programme, which promoted local marine life through innovative resources and activities.
Making Waves courses and events brought a greater understanding of what lives off our coast and the need to protect it, to communities across the region.
Making Waves was funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund from spring 2012 to autumn 2015. The project highlights include:
- Wild Beach programmes and teacher training sessions – taking the Forest School approach to the seaside
- Undersea Explorers – snorkelling sessions in a swimming pool filled with artificial marine life
- Jellytastic – an art project highlighting the wonders of jellyfish and the issue of plastic pollution
- Films, loans kits and training – enabling leaders and teachers to deliver more marine education
- Adult courses – from cooking sustainable seafood to learning about local marine life
The legacies of Making Waves live on…
Visit the Wildilfe Trust website in your area to find out about our marine work.
Hampshire & Isle of Wight