The seas need your help to protect them and the wonderful creatures that live there.
Here are a few ways that you can help to protect our seas:
- Join your Wildlife Trust. Become a member of your Wildlife Trust and support conservation in your local area.
- Show your support for Marine Conservation Zones
- Share our vision. Tell your friends, family and colleagues about Making Waves, and ask them to help too.
- Use environmentally friendly detergents.
- Avoid toxic chemicals in your home and garden.
- Reduce, recycle and reuse as much as possible, and dispose of rubbish carefully including taking old engine oil to a recycling centre.
- Buy seasonal and locally caught fish, and avoid deep water fish such as the orange roughy.
- Don’t buy ornaments or jewellery made from marine creatures.
- Ensure any creatures you buy for marine aquaria are bred in captivity.
- Volunteer. Check with your local Wildlife Trust for current marine volunteering opportunities.
Thank you for your support!